Thursday 2 September 2010

Back to my creative roots ...

... like many digi-scrappers, I started out making cards. Paper scrapbooking was a natural step in my creative evolution, swiftly followed by my conversion to all things pixel, jpeg and digital! But it's good to go back sometimes, isn't it? To try your hand at crafts you've not touched for months (or even years!). When Sue Cummings announced that she was going to be hosting the Designer Spotlight Challenge over at oscraps, I jumped at the chance to go back to my roots and create a card front that you can either use digitally or printably (making up words again I know!!!)

My card design features Sue's new kit called Sketchbook Artistry (cool name, huh?) and is just a sweet way for you to say "thanks" to someone you love.




This is how it looks printed out, matted onto a pre-scored white card blank, with re-printed butterflies layered on top to add dimension ...


Now, Sue's renown for her generosity, something which often rubs off onto the member of her Creative Team (of which I'm lucky enough to be one!) and not only can you download my card as a FREEBIE, the but you can also pop by my fellow team member's blogs and download the cards that they've designed for you too!!! Check out this list ...


[EDIT: as Sue's spotlight week is now over, the above freebies are no longer available - sorry!]

Phew ... I'm exhausted now! But that's not all ... oh no ... head on over to the Designer Spotlight Challenge thread at oscraps and take part in Sue's fabulously fun challenge of designing your own card and you could win a shopping spree at Sue's shop!!!! So what are you waiting for?

TOU's: all cards are copyrighted and cannot be redistributed without permission.
Note: Feel free to to post the links to these greetings cards on your blog, but please do not share the actual downloads. Kindly send them to the blogs of my friends and leave comments along the way. We love to hear / see how you're going to use these cards.

Thanks for stopping by and have fun browsing my friends gorgeous designs!!!

10 comments:

kym said...

Thanks Sue, your card is gorgeous. Just downloaded!

wombat146 said...

Gorgeous card sweetie! thanks!! :)

Eszter(beszteri) said...

Thanks Sue, your card is wonderful!!!! :)

Nini said...

Fantastic card Sue! Thanks so much!

hsmema said...

Lovely car, thank you.

Jane F. Smith said...

Sue...it's gorgeous! thanks for sharing it!!

grambie said...

This card is so elegant and beautiful. Thank you for its design and as a perfect gift for my daughter in marriage. Also, thanks for the hint regarding the butterflies for depth.

Jessica said...

Wonderful card :) Love it!

EliNa said...

Love your designs Sue, and you card! it is fabulous and one of my personal favorites ;-) Thank you!

Helen said...

I agree with Elina ... fabulous card Sue! TFS! Have a super week my friend!