Saturday 16 June 2012

Recipe #22 of NEWrecipes52 ...

You know the Thai recipe I mentioned in my last post? Well, I finally got round to trying it last night ... and it was good! I made a prawn Thai red curry which was hot & spicy and oh so easy.

The sauce ingredients are simple ...


And of course the star attraction are beautifully fresh, succulent king prawns ...


(note to self: don't put raw prawns into a steel colander & expect the photo to look good!)

I sliced 4 spring onions and gentle fried them in a little vegetable oil for around 2 minutes, to soften. Then I added a "bruised" lemongrass stalk and about an inch of freshly grated root ginger ...


I added about 300ml of coconut milk, 2 tbs of [shop bought] Thai red curry paste and about 1 tsp of light soy sauce to create a delicious sauce ...


With the sauce well mixed and just coming to the boil, I added the prawns and a small hand full of chopped coriander, then cook for around 5 minutes or until the prawns are cooked through. You can tell when the prawns are cooked because they'll turn from a rather ugly grey colour to a very lovely pale pink colour ...


I served the prawns on a bed of fluffy, white, long grain rice and garnished with some more chopped coriander ...


Now in my book, the sign of a good curry is that it always makes my nose run (I know it's gross to say it, but it's true!) and as I ate this last night, I had a box of Kleenex by my side ... tee-hee!

No comments: