Sunday 10 July 2011

Week #23 of my NEW52 life ...

Do you keep ticket stubs? You know, boarding card stubs, train stubs, cinema stubs, dry-cleaning stubs? OK, not dry-cleaning ticket stubs perhaps, but all of those other bits of paper you have let over whenever you've travelled somewhere?


I do. I have LOTS of them and DH thinks I'm slightly bonkers for keeping all these little bits of paper with "meaningless gibberish written on them". Ah, but that's where's he's wrong, isn't he? Ask any scrapbooker if they keep ticket stubs and I bet the answer will be "Yes!" ... after all they're not meaningless bits of paper, they are in fact memory makers, thought provokers and reminders of days that might otherwise be forgotten.

Even though I've more-or-less completely converted to digital scrapping now, I still retain all my ticket stubs, but I no longer regularly create pages in which to incorporate them. Instead, they languish, seemingly unloved in drawers, boxes and suitcases. Each time I bring the case down from the attic in preparation for another journey, I say to myself that I'll collect everything together in one place, in a journal, so that on cold rainy day, I can read through it and remind myself of warmer, sunnier, more exotic distant lands. A journal with pages to write about my travels and with little pockets to hold all my ticket stubs together ... a travel journal no less, like this ...


And so my journey down memory lane begins ... the dates, the places, the hotels, the journey, the sights, the sounds, the smells ... all to be recorded in my new travel journal ...


With all the little ticket stubs safely stored alongside the memories themselves ...


Now why didn't I think of this years ago?

4 comments:

Soco said...

This is a great idea Sue! I also used to keep all those ticket stubs and and I used to put them with all the photos when I made my albums (you know, those old albums with pockets to put the photos in). Now I still keep them, but they are not organised at all! I should make something like this!

kym said...

Great idea, love the way it is turing out. Doesn't everyone keep all their ticket stubs?!

Leiko said...

I love it. Really, really love it!! I am a "recovered" ticket hoarder. Cleaned out a lot of my stash during a "get rid of as much paperwork as possible" cleaning purge this summer. Although, I have not been to many of the amazing places you have been to, I think if I traveled more that might be a different story, teehee!

However there are a few I refuse to give up though. The stub from the first movie hubby and I went to, the first one our boy went to, and the first one the little bean went to are all safe. :) Had I known of the beautiful way you've figured out to treasure them, I may not have trashed the rest! :)

listgirl said...

Fantastic Sue! It's like your own more awesome version of the SMASH book! Love the pockets for the ticket stubs!