Wednesday 4 January 2012

I have the nicest friends ...

Well I would say that, wouldn't I? But I really do! Let me explain why ...

I think I've mentioned before, that I was asked to create the wedding invitations for friends that got married in Italy last summer?!?!? Well, following their wedding, I was approached by another friend at work, Melissa and asked if I would create the invitations for her wedding in September this year. Of course I said "yes" and we started brainstorming ideas, styles and colour swatches. Melissa settled on a fabulous pocket fold design, which has tabbed inserts detailing the location, accommodation, menu and RSVP details etc. The main card was in a slightly off-white colour and she chose a deep hot pink accent colour card and organza ribbon ... absolutely gorgeous!!! (I wish I'd taken some photos of the finished invites, but I foolishly forgot ... d'oh!)

Anyhoo, fast forward to yesterday ... I gave the completed invites to Melissa and she was over the moon!!! Now in terms of payment, all I asked was that my costs for the materials were covered but that I wasn't worried about charging for my time as I enjoy the whole creative process anyway.

Fast forward again to this morning ... I arrived at work and Melissa handed me a thank you card with some £££ inside and as well as the materials costs being covered, she'd given me a very handsome creativity bonus!!! Plus, not only that but later in the day this beautiful bouquet of flowers was delivered to my office too ...


Aren't they stunning? There's a mixture of lilies, roses, gerberas and sweet peas. The colours are all pretty pinks and purples and the aroma from them is just divine!!!

So as you can see, I really do have the nicest friends ... thank you Melissa ♥

3 comments:

kym said...

You must the the nicest friends because you are the nicest friend to them. Even though we've never met in person, you have always had the nicest things to say to me.

Leiko said...

I 100% agree with Kym above!! Enjoy your well deserved, beautiful bouquet! What a wonderful way to start off the new year! xo.

neat freak said...

Ditto to what is said above my friend, that bouquet is gorgeous and I can imagine the wafts of scent. Well deserved indeed, but you didn't take a photograph, you without your camera for a second!!

Lorraine