Sunday 20 May 2012

Recipe #18 of NEWrecipes52 ...

I made biscuits, not cookies, but biscuits ... and in my mind there is a difference. Cookies are kind of chewy and generally softer in texture than biscuits ... and the new recipe I tried last week was definitely for a crunchy, crumbly and oh so tasty, biscuit! It was from this recipe book ...


DH brought this home from work one evening last week. It had been found in a cupboard that was being thrown out and knowing how much I enjoy baking, he retrieved it and gave it to me.

Here's the [by now] usual suspects, with the addition of dessicated coconut and oats ...


I think the secret to a crunchy biscuit is the mixture of two types of sugar; caster and soft light brown sugar ...


Creamed together until light and fluffy ...


Then the coconut and oats were folded in ...


Teaspoon size amounts of the mixture were rolled into balls, then flattened slightly prior to going into the oven ...


These crunchy treats only took about 10minutes to bake to golden brown perfection ...


They were really good ... especially with a glass of milk, just before going to bed!

No comments: