Sunday 12 August 2012

How will I adjust post-Olympic games?

They've been such a big part of my life over the past 16 days. I didn't expect them to be. In fact, I didn't even watch the opening ceremony! But then I started reading comments about how spectacular it had been. I logged onto the BBC website and found a 6 minute highlights video and "wow!" ... it was pretty special, wasn't it?

Since the opening day, I've watched sports I'd never previously given a second thought about. I've watched triathlon. I've been mesmerised by the cycling in the velodrome. The tennis at Wimbledon was magical. The swimming and diving at the aquatics centre made a real splash (if you'll pardon the pun) and the athletics ... well, that was simply outstanding!

From what I've seen on television, from what I've read in the papers and from the Tweets I've seen, I think it's fair to say that London 2012 has been a roaring success. Team GB did us proud!!! I've been enthralled throughout the whole event.

So what next? How will I fill my days if not by watching Jessica, Tom, Chris, Ben, Andy and Mo?

Well thankfully, the English Premiere League football season kicks off again next weekend, so I guess I'll be glued to my television as once again, Chelsea begin their campaign to regain the title and of course, retain the Champions League trophy. Come on you Blues!

No comments: