Thursday 20 January 2011

Week #3 of my NEW52 life ...

So here we are at the end of another week and I don't know about you, but the Christmas break seems but a distant memory to me now ~sigh~ how quickly the hum-drum and routine of everyday life grabs control again! Don't get me wrong, I ♥ routine. I'm a creature of habit. I like certain things to happen at certain times. For example; I like to get up & out of bed no more than 10 minutes after my radio alarm has gone off. I like to watch the BBC news whilst eating my breakfast. I don't drink tea after 4pm and I'm nearly always in bed by about 10pm. I would never normally consider going out for dinner on a #gasp# school night! But then the whole concept behind NEW52 is, as you know, to try something new each week. And so on Wednesday night, DH and I did just that.

We went out for dinner at Blue Ginger, an Indian restaurant recommended to me by a colleague at work. It's quite a small place, perhaps only seating 40 people, but the staff were really friendly and the service was excellent. Within 10minutes of arriving we were sipping our drinks and nibbling on crunchy poppadoms & assorted chutneys ...


As usual, trying to decide what to order from the menu was a challenge, there was a fabulous selection to choose from. DH thumbed through a couple of times ...


... before finally deciding to order the chicken nawabi (new for DH) and I ordered king prawn lajawab (new for me) ...


... both were truly delicious and very VERY filling! On a side note, how kitsch is that tomato rose in the photo above? I haven't seen one of those served as a garnish since the early 1980's!!! And on another side note, please excuse the quality of the photos. I only had my mobile phone with me and the lighting wasn't exactly conducive for taking good shots of the food!

Anyhoo, it was a thoroughly enjoyable evening out and thanks to some good planning and forward thinking on my part, we were home by 10pm and I was tucked up in bed and snooozing by 10:45pm ... my routine only slightly altered and normal service quickly restored ;-)

10 comments:

Sally said...

Ohhhhhh looks yummy! You continue to inspire me, dear! Hugs!!

Tina O'Flynn said...

You are so funny! I had no idea you were such a creature of habit, Sue!!

So this New52 is really going to be fun to read what new things you try everyday!!!
Have fun with it!
btw, the food looks yummy!
Tina

Tracey said...

I wouldn't have the slightest idea on what to order at an Indian restaurant. Maybe I should put this on my list of NEW things to try this year!

My hubby and I have to enjoy our date nights during the week because we have to wait too long for seating on the weekend. (at least this is true at our fave sushi place)

Can't wait for your next New 52!

Meg B. said...

I love it!!! I didn't realize you have such a routine :) I know what you mean, my last year at the university I didn't have time to go out to eat for dinner!! I normally didn't get home from school until after dinner!

Christi said...

I've never had Indian food before and I can't even pronounce what you ordered. LOL I might need to add this to my new52 to do list. :)

Helen said...

oh I am gonna enjoy this 52 week journey ... just great so far Sue! Keep going! Have a good week my friend!

jill said...

yum, that all looks and sounds so good!

neat freak said...

LOL a creature of habit, would never have put you in that camp my dear. Food looks yummy even though taken with a phone - like everyone else going to enjoy your reports on your 52 week journey.

Lorraine x

listgirl said...

Indian food is one of my favorite meals to eat! I love how in England there's many Indian restaurants. Way to go having a dinner out on a week night! And awesome that you still got to bed at your routine time. Sounded like fun and looked delicious!

sascedar said...

yumyum. and i'm reading this at breakfast time! i share your routine thing sue...how indulgent to go out on a school night! and bring back carved vegetable flower garnishes, i say.