Sunday 18 March 2012

Recipe #8 of NEWrecipes52 ...

I decided to test out another recipe from the pages of The Primrose Bakery Book and this time I tried the banana and chocolate chip loaf.

Lots of yummy ingredients ...


My "tin" is actually made from silicon ... it's bendy, it's squishy and it's PINK!!! I've never tried using silicon bake-ware before, but I was given a rather funky multi-coloured set for Christmas, by my friend Hayley, and I figured this recipe would be the ideal test for it!


Tasty banana batter with LOTS of dark chocolate chips ...


Carefully combined before being poured into the silicon tin for baking ...


The loaf took almost 1 hr to bake ...


But because my loaf tin was slightly smaller than the recipe mix intended, I had batter left over and so I was able to knock out a batch of tasty muffins in less that 20 minutes too ...


Perfect for eleven's and I'd say another recipe success!!!

1 comment:

kym said...

Sue, I love that you are continuing NEW52 with recipes. I think that is a fab idea. As for me, I'm a lazy cook and cook mostly what I know from heart. You are making me so hungry for some of that yummy loaf.