Sunday 15 July 2012

Recipe #27 of NEWrecipes52 ...

Back to my favourite thing to bake ... cupcakes! Again, I'm following a recipe in the Primrose Bakery book, this time it's these cookies and cream cuties ...


This was a fairly straight forward chocolate cupcake recipe to follow, though the preparation method was a bit different ...


I started out my creaming the butter and sugar as usual, then x2 egg yolks were added, followed by the melted chocolate, then alternate amounts of flour and milk, resulting in a fairly loose batter ...


Here's where things changed! Egg whites (x2) were whisked to the "stiff peeks" stage ...


Then gently folded into the batter ...


The mixture was then divided between 16 muffin cases, two thirds filled ...


Then baked in a pre-heated oven (180oC) for around 20 minutes. Now, normally at this stage I'd show you the end results ... but ... my next new recipe actually finishes off these little beauties perfectly, so you'll just need to read my next post ;-)

No comments: