Saturday 30 July 2011

Week #30 of my NEW52 life ...

Not one ... not two ... but three NEW things to share this week!

Firstly, I discovered this quaint little gift shop today ...


Isn't it charming? I've lived in this town for 18 years now and never realised this shop was only just a mile or so from my front door. It's right next door to a farm shop that sells locally grown produce and where you can PYO (pick your own) fruit, and whilst the produce selection wasn't that great when I visited, I was pleasantly surprised to find this little treasure trove of a gift shop. I'll definitely be going there again!

Secondly, I made linguine carbonara for the first time ...


This super speedy recipe was ready within just 15 minutes and made for a wonderfully tasty lunch, and as the weather was good, we decided to eat al fresco and enjoyed it with a glass of chilled white wine ...


Thirdly and lastly, did you know today is National Cheesecake Day in the USA? And although I don't live there, I couldn't resist the temptation, so I thought I'd try my hand at a recipe taken from Lorraine Pascale's Baking Made Easy cook book ...


This is a non-bake cheesecake dessert made with a Digestive biscuit base, mascarpone and double cream filling, drizzled with dark chocolate sauce and fresh tart raspberries ... delicious!!!

All in all, it's been a very tasty week for me and I now have two more easy peasey recipes added to my repertoire. Love that!

5 comments:

kym said...

Isn't it nice to discover a new store, especially one that close to home and that cute. I guess trying 3 new things will make up for weeks that we miss. It sounds like a fab week to me.

Soco said...

Yummy! That looks great Sue! Could you share your recipe of linguine carbonara with us? I love it! :)

listgirl said...

You had me at mascarpone! Yum! Your linguine carbonara looked absolutely delish. I'm so hungry now! Great job with so many NEW things this week! Discovering a local store is the best!

neat freak said...

I'm definitely coming to visit you one Saturday so we can go here, it looks gorgeous and maybe hit all the other fabulous little villagey shops around you! Oh and can you please make some of those scrummy looking eclairs in your last post - YUM girl!

Helen said...

Oh! I am SO enjoying this year's journey with you! Great reading!