Tuesday 29 December 2009

What day is it ...

... seriously, what day is it today? I love, love, love Christmas as much as the next person, but at the same time, there's a small part of me that can't wait for things to return to normal! Not being at work means that each day blends almost seamlessly into the next, with nothing to differentiate today from any other day of the week. Weekends mean nothing ... Saturday and Sunday are just two days like every other.

Oh boy, how negative do I sound? I don't mean to, so lets change the subject shall we?

2010 is just round the corner and that got me thinking a little. How will you be pronouncing 2010? Will it be "two thousand and ten"? Or will you say "twenty ten"? I haven't decided yet, I'm gonna wait a little while and see what other people are saying, but I think I'm favouring "two thousand and ten" at the moment. How about you? I'm curious to know, so please feel free to leave me a comment with your thoughts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Course, you missed the one our American friends are likely to use, "two thousand ten".

Can't say I'd given it any thought, but I just read you blog and my EHD will take another 22 mins to finish (it's currently 1.55am - grrrr), so I'll exercise the the little grey cells on this matter. Hmmmm, I've been a "two thousand and nine" kind of girl, rather than "twenty oh nine". But I quite like your wait and see approach. Waiting right here with you, girl.

Right, enough mumbling for one evening.

Selena