Monday 8 March 2010

Too long between posts ...

... Wow, time really does fly! Nothing specific has kept me away ... life has been ticking over quite nicely, thanks for asking.

At long last, spring has sprung ... the sun shone everyday last week and I've been able to venture outside without my coat, scarf & gloves. So far, it's been a fabulous start to spring and to mark the new season, I've changed the decorations in the room where I do all my creating. The Valentine hearts are down and have been replaced by this cute little Easter ensemble ...


Close up on the sign ...


Although the photos don't show it particularly well, there are two wire garlands that hang from hooks [in my ceiling], they're covered in beads, butterflies and flowers and the pink and green daisies are clipped to them. The "Easter" sign is attached to another hook using "invisible" thread.

The start of spring has finally prompted me to get my Paislee Press DIY 2010 Calendar kit project finished. Yes I know I'm late, VERY late ... but at least I've done it now and oh boy, I'm so happy with the results.



I started this project back in January, but kept getting distracted so it went on the back burner. The biggest delay for me was choosing the 12 photos I wanted to have on display throughout the whole year. I started out looking for photos that represented each month (i.e. love for February, Halloween for October, Christmas for December etc) but this was too restrictive for my liking, so I ended up just picking 12 of my favourite photos. They're not necessarily the best quality photos (for example October's photo is fuzzy), but they're all photos that make me smile when I look at them. Perfect!

On the scrapping front, there are some fabulous challenges taking place at the "O" this month. Helen's hosting the camera corner challenge, Ona's hosting the creative techniques challenge, Marie's hosting the web inspiration challenge, Linda's hosting the colour challenge and lets not forget the weekly designer spotlight challenges ... talking of which, here's a page I did for last weeks challenge:

click here for credits

Some sad news now, Leiko Beck has announced that she's taking an indefinite hiatus from designing. I totally understand and respect her decision and I know it's not been an easy one, her designs will be sorely missed at Oscraps and throughout the digiscrap community as a whole.

Let's end of a cheerier note ... to celebrate(?) Leiko's decision, she's having a fabulous closing down sale and all items* are discounted by 40%!!! So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and grab as many Leiko Beck goodies as you can!!! (* excluding Limited Professional Use License and any Collaborative projects). Here's a couple of LO's exclusively using Leiko's products to give you some inspiration ...

click here for credits

click here for credits

Sorry this has been such a long post ... but that's what I get for not posting in a week & a half! That's all folks ... hope you have a great week.

6 comments:

sally said...

{adore, adore, adore!!}

thanks for your beautiful inspiration, babe!! LOVE the pages, decorations, and especially your calenday!!

kym said...

Sue!!!! I love your DIY 2010 Calendar!!!! It turned out so great. I have yet to finish mine. I also just adore all your latest layouts. You are such an inspiration to me.

Che said...

Girl you are so talented! Love your Easter decorations! All your layouts are amazing too!

Nini said...

Love how your calendar kit project turned out Sue!!!
Gorgeous layouts too!!

Madi said...

Your calendar project is gorgeous Sue! great eyecatcher on your wall.

Helen said...

Glad you are back ... can see you have been very busy! Sue ... you little hybrid rocker you! That Easter decoration (eekk! so soon!) and the calendar (still picking myself up off the floor for that one) are just Omazing!

Have a super week!